The words cheap and budget get out of use during month of December in Goa and especially during the festive season and Sunburn. Budget hotels in Goa becomes like an impossible thing in December. The lowest possible Goa hotel rate can be found only at government hotel by Goa tourism. But you have to book the hotels well in advance from Online Hotel Management System.
As this is Sunburn season so it become practically impossible to get cheap hotels in Goa. However, you just might be able to do it based on a few things.
1. Look for flats/rooms rented by the owners: Try your best to forget the beach hotels/resorts, they will charge you nothing less than 6000-8000 per night. Try the interior. Places like Aldona, Quitula, Serrao and Nachinola in North Goa. Most of these places are about 40-45 minutes from the beaches by bus or bike but you can definitely find cheap hotels in goa at these places.
- Arambol beach is a also a good option which is little remote place. Arambol beach is cheap and very less crowded. Most of the crowd are foreigners. Local goan people have converted their home into guest house and offer them at very cheap price. They charge hardly 800-1200 Rs. Per room. You can also find further budget hotels in “Porvorim” It is located around 2 km from Panjim city but little bit crowded.
- You should also try your best staying away from all the party madness. Somewhere cheaper in places like Margao and near Vasco. It’s a little far from the beaches and party places, but you need to get your own scooty or bike to get to this place.
2. Eat Local: Ask the owner of the place where you are staying for some cheap restaurants nearby which are good places to eat in that area. Or you can ask some locals willing to cook for you. Restaurants and shacks by the beach will be very expensive. Britto’s at Baga cost us almost 6000 without drinks for a group of 5 people.
3) Also you can try places like Asterix Hostel near Vagator, Baga, and Anjuna beach. You can meet other travelers, mostly western tourists, and Anjuna is a great place for that. Rooms near Anjuna also have wifi, books, free breakfast, easy scooter and cab rentals.
Comment down below about your experience in Goa in December or if you find something very interesting to stay at cheap hotels in goa.
You can also check out places to visit in Goa during december.
Pic Credit: Wikimedia